Membership Terms and Conditions
The following terms & conditions apply to the use of a Membership card issued by Friendly Society Medical Association Limited ABN 69 088 347 602 of 52 Gawler Place Adelaide 5000 trading as "National Pharmacies":
1. These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with National Pharmacies constitution, your application form and any other brochures or documents provided to you at the time of joining or at any time thereafter by National Pharmacies.
2. These terms and conditions may be changed or varied at any time without prior notice by National Pharmacies.
3. Friendly Society Medical Association Limited is a company limited by shares and guarantee. By becoming a member of National Pharmacies you therefore agree to provide a guarantee of $1.00 in the event that the company is wound up.
4. A member card is valid only after it is signed by the authorised holder of the card. Signature of a card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. A single member card is not transferable and is for the personal use of the member named on the card only. In the case of a family membership, the member card is for the use of the person named on the card, plus any valid dependants listed on the back of the card. Additional cards may be requested for all valid dependants
6. Member benefits can only be claimed on presentation of a valid National Pharmacies member card, which is to be scanned at the time of purchase. Retrospective benefits will not be granted. If the card is lost or stolen, interim cards will be provided for your continued use.
7. A member card can only be used by you for so long as you remain a financial member. Obtaining or attempting to obtain entitlements after ceasing to be a financial member is a serious breach of the terms and conditions. The member card does not bear an expiry date, and therefore does not provide proof of financial membership.
8. The member card remains the property of National Pharmacies and must be returned if the membership ceases, or on request. You remain responsible for your member card and you must report its loss immediately should it be misplaced or stolen. Should your address, phone number or other details change, please notify National Pharmacies immediately.
9. If you joined by adding National Pharmacies membership to your health insurance which is later cancelled or changed for some reason, please contact our Member Services department to discuss another way of continuing your National Pharmacies membership.
10. Members are entitled to cancel their membership at any time by request in writing, returning all associated cards. However, no refund of contribution rates paid in advance will be given.
11. Membership contribution rates and benefits are subject to change without prior notice. However, any increase in rates will only apply to future contributions
12. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may lead to expulsion from National Pharmacies or other action being taken by National Pharmacies against you.