Garlic, soy beef & vegetable bowlNational Pharmacies
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Serves: 4
4 cups (1 medium head) cauliflower
700g beef scotch fillet, finely sliced into
5mm thick strips (rump can be used if preferred)
1 tbsp reduced salt soy sauce
5 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp sesame oil
4 small carrots
1 small daikon, cut into matchsticks (radish can be used if preferred)
2 medium zucchini, cut into matchsticks
125g (2 ó cups loosely packed) baby spinach
1 tbsp chilli sauce to serve
4 (70g) large eggs
- Prepare 4 serves of cauliflower rice
Cauliflower rice is a great substitute for dishes with rice and can help increase your daily intake of vegetables while also helping to fill you up. To make cauliflower rice, grate raw cauliflower with a cheese grater. Heat 1 x tablespoon of coconut oil in a large pan over a medium heat and sauté the cauliflower until it is just softened. Serve.
- Combine the beef with soy sauce and 1 garlic clove. Stir-fry until the beef is golden brown and set aside.
- Stir-fry separately the carrot, daikon and zucchini (until the zucchini has begun to wilt) in 1 tsp of sesame oil with 1 garlic clove each, remove from pan. Set aside
- Add 1 tsp of sesame oil and 1 garlic clove to spinach leaves and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, soft boil the eggs by placing in a pot of cold water and bringing to the boil. Set the time for 7 minutes and remove eggs when this finishes and run under cold water.
- In each serving bowl, place cauliflower rice and arrange small amounts of beef and vegetables over the top. Gently place halved soft boiled eggs on top and drizzle with chilli sauce to serve.
*Recipe provided by Impromy
The content displayed on this webpage is intended for informational purposes and should be used as a guide only. This information does not replace or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information contained on this webpage must be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional before any action is taken based on the content of this webpage.