Lemon Delicious PuddingNational Pharmacies
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Serves: 6
3⁄4 cup (165g) caster sugar
100g unsalted butter, softened
zest of a lemon
3 extra large free-range eggs, separated 3⁄4 cup (110g) self-raising our
1⁄2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
1 1⁄2 cups (375ml) milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease six 1 cup (250ml) capacity ramekins.
2. Place butter, sugar and zest together in a medium bowl. Using electric beaters, beat mixture until light and fluffy.
3. Add yolks one at a time, until combined. Gently fold in sifted flour, milk and lemon juice in three batches until batter is smooth.
4. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with clean electric beaters, until soft peaks form. Add a third of the whisked egg whites to the butter mixture, stirring to combine, to help loosen the mixture. Then add remaining egg whites, gently folding them into the mixture, until combined.
5. Evenly divide mixture between the six ramekins. Place ramekins in a large roasting pan and pour enough hot water to come halfway up sides of each dish.
6. Place roasting pan in preheated oven and bake for 35 minutes or until golden and puffed.
7. Serve with pouring cream.
Recipes and Food Styling by Fiona Roberts.
Photography by David Sievers.
Consultant Dietitian: Julie-Anne McWhinnie – Accredited Practicing Dietitian.
The content displayed on this webpage is intended for informational purposes and should be used as a guide only. This information does not replace or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information contained on this webpage must be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional before any action is taken based on the content of this webpage.