Smith & Nephew
Allevyn Adhesive Dressing 12.5 x 12.5cm Single
Member Price $19.48Retail Price $24.35
ALLEVYN ADHESIVE is a rapidly absorbing, self-adhesive waterproof dressing that can be left in place for up to 7 days. It offers protection and cushioning on wounds with moderate to high amounts of wound fluid
- Reviews (0)
There are many times when best patient care demands a combination of virtues in the same dressing: high absorbency, conformability, secure self-adhesion as well as waterproof and bacteria-proof performance.
ALLEVYN Adhesive, with its unique triple layer formation, has been designed to achieve this combination to ensure optimal fluid handling to support moist wound healing. ALLEVYN Adhesive is an economically-efficient dressing specifically designed to manage chronic or acute exuding wounds.
- The unique triple action technology helps to maintain an optimal balance in fluid creating a moist wound environment for healing
- The low allergy adhesive helps to keep the dressing securely in place without adhering to the wound
- The highly breathable top film helps to minimise the risk of maceration to the wound and peri-wound
- Provides an effective barrier function to exogenous bacteria as well as helping to prevent fluid and bacterial strikethrough
- Easy to apply and remove
- Conforms to body contours and is very comfortable for patients
- Available in a wide range of sizes which can be cut to fit awkward areas such as elbows and heels
- Sacral sizes available which combine the same high-absorbency and secure self-adhesion in an anatomically-shaped dressing.
ALLEYVN Adhesive dressings are indicated for use on:
- Shallow, granulating wounds
- Chronic and acute exudative wounds
- Full and partial thickness wounds such as pressure ulcers, leg ulcers and diabetic foot ulcers
- Infected wounds
- Malignant wounds
- Surgical wounds
- First and second degree burns
- Donor sites
- Fungating wounds
Always read label before use.
- Cleanse wound in accordance with local clinical protocol.
- Select an appropriate dressing size. ALLEVYN Adhesive can be cut to dress wounds on the heel, elbows and other awkward areas.
- Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area and remove excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound. SKIN-PREP™ wipes may be used prior to application of ALLEVYN Adhesive where fragile skin is involved.
- Remove one of the protector films from ALLEVYN Adhesive and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin.
- Remove the remaining protector film and smooth the dressing over the remainder of the wound without stretching, ensuring there are no creases. The pad area of the dressing must be adhered across the entire surface of the wound.
- If the dressing has been cut ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
- When positioning ALLEVYN Adhesive Sacrum, place the narrow end of the dressing a minimum of 2cm (3/4in.) above the anal sphincter, then smooth the dressing over the sacrum.