Reindeer TrufflesNational Pharmacies
½ cup whole blanched almonds
½ cup rolled oats
½ tsp vanilla essence
1 packed cup dried apricots
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
12-14 Menz Fruchocs
250g cooking chocolate (dark or milk), chopped
Candy eyes (approximately 28)
Red M&Ms (minis, approximately 12-14)
Pretzels (halved, to shape antler ears)
- Place the blanched almonds, rolled oats, apricots, vanilla essence and shredded coconut in a food processor and pulse until the mixture becomes sticky and starts to clump together.
- Scoop out a heaped teaspoon of the apricot mixture and roll around 1 Menz Fruchoc into a ball in your hands.
- Place on a plate or tray. Repeat until all of the mixture is used up. Place in the fridge to harden.
- To make chocolate, place chocolate into heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Stir with a metal spoon until smooth. Remove bowl from heat.
- One portion at a time, dip – submerge each truffle into the melted chocolate. Use a fork to lift out the truffle, shaking off the excess chocolate by tapping the fork on the edge of the bowl.
- Place truffle onto the baking paper and immediately insert 2 pretzel halves onto the tops to resemble antlers. Add on the eyes and a red M&M for the nose. If your chocolate hardens before you have time to add on the eyes and nose, just a dab on a tiny bit of melted chocolate onto the back of the candy, and place onto the truffle. Let dry until the chocolate fully hardens. Keep in the fridge.
Recipes & Food Styling by Pieces of me
The content displayed on this webpage is intended for informational purposes and should be used as a guide only. This information does not replace or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information contained on this webpage must be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional before any action is taken based on the content of this webpage.