The following terms & conditions apply to the use of a member card issued by Friendly Society Medical Association Limited ABN 69 088 347 602 of 52 Gawler Place Adelaide 5000 trading as “National Pharmacies” (National Pharmacies), and to the use of the National Pharmacies smartphone app in place of a physical member card.
1. These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the National Pharmacies constitution (the terms of which bind all members) and your application for membership. Additional terms and conditions may also apply in connection with the use of member cards and the National Pharmacies smartphone app from time to time, as set out in any other documents provided or made available to you by National Pharmacies at the time of joining or at any time thereafter.
2. These terms and conditions may be varied at any time without prior notice by National Pharmacies, in accordance with the National Pharmacies constitution.
3. A member card is valid only whilst the member in respect of whom it was issued remains a financial member of National Pharmacies. Acceptance and use of the membership card or the National Pharmacies smartphone app constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
4. Member cards and smartphone app logins are not transferable and is for the personal use of the member named on the card only. In the case of a family membership, an additional member card and smartphone app logins may be requested for each family member who is a dependant of the member (as determined by National Pharmacies).
5. Member benefits can only be claimed on presentation of either:
- an active plastic member card issued by National Pharmacies; or
- a smartphone showing the National Pharmacies app [showing an active membership logged in],
which must be scanned at the time of purchase. Retrospective benefits will not be granted. National Pharmacies does not accept member cards that have been copied, scanned, photographed or otherwise reproduced or replicated.
6. The member card remains the property of National Pharmacies and will be made inactive if the membership ceases, or on request. You remain responsible for your member card and you must report its loss immediately should it be misplaced or stolen or copied. Should your address, email, phone number or other details change, you must provide us your updated details either online or by visiting one of our stores.
7. If you joined by adding National Pharmacies membership to your health insurance which is later cancelled or changed for some reason, please contact our Member Services department to discuss another way of continuing your National Pharmacies membership.
8. National Pharmacies is a company limited by shares and guarantee. By becoming a member of National Pharmacies you agree, in accordance with the National Pharmacies constitution, to provide a guarantee of $1.00 in the event that the company is wound up.
9. Members are entitled to cancel their membership at any time by request in writing. No refund of membership contributions paid in advance will be given.
10. Membership contribution rates and benefits are subject to change without prior notice, in accordance with the National Pharmacies constitution. However, any change will only apply to future contributions and transactions.
11. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions of membership may lead to expulsion from National Pharmacies or other action being taken by National Pharmacies against you.