Zesty tuna, sweet corn & basil pasta bakeNational Pharmacies
Preparation time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 40 minutes Serves: 6
300g curly pasta
1 large brown onion, peeled and diced
1 clove garlic, crushed
1⁄4 cup plain our
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 lemon, finely zested
1/2 cup chopped basil
Sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper
425g tin tuna in spring water, drained
1 cup frozen sweet corn, thawed
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1⁄2 cup (35g) fresh breadcrumbs
1⁄2 cup (20g) grated cheddar
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 teaspoon nely grated lemon zest
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
2. Cook pasta following pack instructions. Drain.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan over low heat. Add onion and garlic, stirring to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until onion is soft.
4. Add flour, stirring to combine and increase heat to medium. Slowly add milk, stirring continuously until mixture thickens and becomes smooth. Add cheese, zest, basil, salt and pepper, stirring until cheese has melted.
5. Add tuna, sweet corn, peas and drained pasta, stirring until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish.
6. In a small bowl combine topping ingredients, mixing until well combined. Sprinkle topping over pasta and place baking dish in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until top is golden.
Recipes and Food Styling by Fiona Roberts.
Photography by David Sievers.
Consultant Dietitian: Julie-Anne McWhinnie – Accredited Practicing Dietitian.
The content displayed on this webpage is intended for informational purposes and should be used as a guide only. This information does not replace or substitute professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Information contained on this webpage must be discussed with an appropriate healthcare professional before any action is taken based on the content of this webpage.