Practical experience is one of the best ways to learn. At National Pharmacies, we are proud to offer work experience programs to secondary students and university students who are either studying, or have an interest in studying, Pharmacy.
Work experience offers fun, practical experience in a pharmacy environment for students. Work experience candidates will be treated as an employee and made to feel like part of the team at the store they are based.
Due to business requirements, we can only offer a limited number of work experience spots for each store, so we generally approve applicants on a first-in-first served basis.
To apply, download the application form and fill it in and submit it at your preferred store.
It is recommended that you call the manager at your preferred store before submitting the form to secure dates and see if they have any spots available.
To be considered for a work experience placement at National Pharmacies you must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a secondary school student or university student who is completing a bachelors degree in pharmacy
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Must be covered by your school’s/university’s Personal Accident Insurance and Public Liability Insurance
- Duration of work experience placements must be no more than 1 week duration (for secondary school students)
- Must provide a correctly completed ‘Workplace Learning Agreement Form’ (provided by the school)
- Must provide a correctly completed ‘National Pharmacies Work Experience Application Form’
- Applications for work experience must be received a minimum of 6 weeks prior to the work experience commencing
Please note, if you do not meet this criteria National Pharmacies will not be able to accommodate your request for work experience.