National Pharmacies Health Services
HEALTH SUPPORT & MEDICATION SERVICES
Your body needs cholesterol, but having high levels of cholesterol in your blood is a risk factor for heart disease.
Testing your cholesterol levels regularly can assist in the prevention of a heart attack, or help you manage your condition with medication.
Having your blood glucose levels tested can help to determine if you are at risk of diabetes.
In-store blood glucose testing is conducted in a private consulting room by one of our trained employees.
You should have your blood pressure checked regularly to determine if you have high, low or normal readings.
Get a blood pressure test today to assist with your long-term health.
Bowel cancer (or colorectal cancer) is the second largest cancer killer of Australians.
Screening is a simple and affective way to monitor and test for signs.
The tests are available in store and completed at your home.
Cost of postage to the pathology lab is included.
Your GP will receive a report and manage any actions required.
FREE service eligible to all customers.
All questions answered regarding the medication you are taking.
You will receive a 30-minute review consultation with one of our pharmacists, as well as a comprehensive summary report for you and your doctor.
- Up to 20% off non-subsidised PBS prescriptions and veterinary prescriptions
- 10% off compounding prescriptions.
MEDICINE SERVICES: MED ADVISOR
- Pre-Order your medication (NO WAITING).
- Keep track of your scripts in one place.
- Receive reminders to take your mediation, and
- Manage your loved one’s medications.
Smart Medication List:
- Automatic list of all your prescription medications, updated whenever you fill scripts.
Fill My Scripts:
- Automatically reminds you when to fill your recurring scripts.
See- My Doctor
- Reminders to visit the doctor to get new scripts after you use the final repeat for long-term medications
- Reminds you when to take your medication each day.
- Order prescriptions with a simple tap to have them dispensed in advance at your favourite pharmacy
- Manage the medication of other family members all from within your MedAdvisor account
MEDICATION PACKING & DISPOSAL SERVICES
National Pharmacies will ensure your unwanted medicines are disposed of in a safe, private and secure manner, at no charge to you.
Want to be more organised with your medication?
Dose Administration Aid (DAA): Is a tailored individual package of your medication.
The packs provide a safe, convenient and portable packaging solution for each medicine and dosage throughout the day.
Medication Disposal Service: FREE
Medication Packing Service:
There is a small weekly charge (members save 20%) for this service, but it is free to eligible veterans.
Health Conditions & Vaccinations
- Obstructive Sleep Apnoea (OSA) is a sleeping disorder in which breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep.
- Treated with: Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) therapy, the treatment of choice for OSA.
- Loud persistent snoring
- Excessive daytime sleepiness
- Choking or gasping for air during sleep
- Morning headaches
- Depression and irritability
- Restlessness during sleep
- Frequent night time visits to the bathroom
- Sexual dysfunction
- Dozing off while driving, reading or watching TV.
Step 1. Book in a sleep screening today
- FREE one on one service.
- Determine whether you need to conduct a sleep study with your doctor.
Step 2: Find Out More
Depending on your doctor’s recommendation, you may be referred to do a home or hospital sleep study.
Step 3: Meet with a National Pharmacies Sleep Consultant
Depending on your results, we will follow up with appropriate treatment options.
Flu (influenza) is caused by a virus which is spread through the air by fluids produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes, or by direct contact with these fluids on surfaces or objects.
The flu virus is highly contagious and you usually experience symptoms 5 to 7 days after contact.
Flu symptoms are more severe and include high fever, muscular aches and pains, headache, coughing and sore throat.
National Pharmacies is providing a quadrivalent (4 strain) vaccine as part of their flu vaccination service.
No, a prescription is not required if you are having one of our qualified health professionals administer (inject) the vaccine to you in store.
National Diabetes Services Scheme
National Pharmacies offers FREE and subsidised NDSS products at selected stores, helping you manage your condition in the best way possible.
- Must be diagnosed with diabetes
- Hold or eligible to hold a Medicare card
SICK LEAVE CERTIFICATE
Pharmacists are able to issue these certificates in relation to minor ailments or conditions.
Developed in collaboration with CSIRO, the Impromy program focuses on improving health through weight loss and good nutrition.
It comprises nutritious and great tasting meal replacements along with high protein meals and ongoing support by trained pharmacy staff
Personalised meal plans
Nutritionally enhanced meal replacements
Regular one-on-one health review consultations
Blood pressure, cholesterol and Glucose level management by your Personal Impromy Consultant.