Spot the signs of an eye condition in your child
Most children don’t know they are experiencing eye issues because they have always seen the world that way. That’s why it’s up to parents, caregivers and educators to look out for the signs of a vision problem in children, especially throughout the early schooling years.
The below symptoms may be a sign that your child has an eye condition or is experiencing vision problems.
- Losing their place and re-reading or re-writing text.
- Leaving out or confusing small words when reading.
- Holding reading material closer than normal.
- Turning or tilting the head to use one eye only.
- Poor hand-eye coordination.
- Difficulty identifying objects and/or people at a distance.
If your child is experiencing one or multiple of the symptoms above, book an appointment with one of our friendly Optometrists for a kids eye exam. Even if you can’t notice any of the signs, it never hurts to get checked.